For Your Visit
Thank you for choosing Maryland Endoscopy Center. To request an appointment online, click here.
What do I need to bring the day of my procedure?
- Your insurance card(s).
- Driver’s License or Photo ID.
- A list of your current medications.
- A portion of your procedure payment.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
- If you’re younger than 18, you must have a parent or guardian accompany you to sign your paperwork. If you are an adult who is unable to sign the consent, you must have someone with you who is authorized to sign on your behalf.
- Bring the name and phone number of the person (must be 16 years or older with a valid driver’s license) who will be taking you home. You will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone or leave the center without an adult chaperone.
After your procedure:
- If necessary, medication to help you relax is given by your doctor.
- After your procedure you will rest in the recovery room where your pulse and blood pressure will be monitored.
- When you’re ready for discharge, written instructions will be given to you by our staff nurses. You then may leave accompanied by a relative or friend. You will not be allowed to leave or travel by yourself because you may still be feeling the effects of sedation.
- If a cab is needed to escort you and your relative home, Towson Sedan will be utilized.
- You may feel weak or drowsy after your procedure. Do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery, make any important decisions or drink alcoholic beverages until the next day after your procedure.
- Please follow your physician’s instructions on diet, medications and activity. This will help ensure a fast, safe recovery for you.
- Plan to have someone at your home with you for a day. No matter how well you feel, someone should be there just in case there is a sudden change in your condition.